Tips for Using Shampoo Bars
How to Cleanse Your Hair Using a Shampoo Bar
Over time, you will most likely develop your own hair cleansing style that best suits your hair type and length of your hair. Start, however, by following these guidelines:
- After you enter the shower, rinse your hair well.
- Rub the shampoo bar directly onto your hair, working your way from your scalp down to the ends. Repeat until you have fully covered each section of your hair.
- Massage your scalp and hair until a good lather forms.
- Rinse the shampoo out of your hair.
Tips for Purchasing Shampoo Bars
- Look for shampoo bars that list the ingredients and type of oils that are used. Natural Shampoo bar should be made with olive oil, coconut oil, castor oil, shea butter, etc.
- Because shampoo bars are made using vegetable lipids (oils and butters), the bars can go rancid over time. It is best to plan to use the soaps that you purchase within six months.
- In stores, watch out for shampoo bars that have dusty labels or appear old and avoid purchasing or using shampoo bars that contain orange spots. Those orange spots indicate areas of the shampoo bars where the natural oils have turned rancid.