SPICY, CHUNKY GUACAMOLE - RECIPE
A real winner for anyone that like some spice to their food. This spicy, chunky guacamole uses a couple of extra ingredients for some added texture, flavor and crunch that you don't get with your typical guacamole recipe. It's very simple, here's all you need to make a big bowl of delicious guacamole:
- 3 organic large ripe avocados
- 1 spring of organic green onions - gives it a nice, sharp, spicy flavour
- 1 organic (inner) celery stalk - adds sweetness and chunkiness
- 1/2 of English cucumber (seed section removed) - this gives guacamole crunchiness and chunkiness
- 1/2 organic red pepper finely chopped - adds a little sweetness and color
- 1/2 organic yellow pepper finely chopped
- Juice of 2 limes (or 1 large lemon if limes not available)
- Salt, black pepper and Cayenne pepper to taste
Cut the organic avocados in half, discard the pits, and scoop the green avocado flesh into a bowl. Mash with a fork to achieve an overall creamy consistency, but it's ok to leave some chunks, remember this is a chunky guacamole. Dice up the rest of the veggies and mix into avocado mash. Pour in your lime juice and stir well. Add the salt, pepper and Cayenne last and a little bit at a time so as to not overdo it. Remember you can always add more, but you can't take away! Taste your creation as you go and make sure to mix well. Voila!
There it is, so easy to make, and you can always vary it up a little with different types of peppers, spices and herbs. Sometimes I like to add fresh cilantro, or chinese chives, or even dice up some Roma tomatoes for more chunkiness and sweetness. Try it out and let us know what you think!
What are some of your favorite Guacamole ingredients?
Have any good recipes you'd like to share? Let us know, leave a comment!